Friday, June 30, 2006

My Perception Of Love

My perception of Love is as intricate as is simplistic.
And apart from how "most females" think, my perception is realistic.
I know that Love can be found in many places.
But no matter where you find it, it's the same, same name [Love] different faces.
It is by no means perfect, unless you expect the least.
And as I have found, in my life, Love is not what I thought it to be.
It's not this bond with my parents that started before I was born.
Because most of the time with my parents my feelings are torn.
It's not this unconditional backing I always have from my two older sisters.
As much as I've tried to voice my heart to them- they've never been listeners.
I thought I found Love a few years ago, and I promise I tried to fall.
But at the end of the game I found- it was the biggest hoax of them all.
I gave all my trust, I gave all my love, I gave him everything I has to give.
But at the end of the game he'd rather see me die than live.
And all everyone can see is the grass was always green.
They blame the misfortune on me, because they can't feel my heart bleeding.
Because in their eyes I was never what they wanted me to be...
The smart or quiet girl... Erin or Elise.
The girl who'd give up all the goods- while she was handed shit.
Cheat, take my money, kill my self- esteem, but this is Love I was convinced?
But I am no longer blind... and this secret of Love has been revealed in theory.
And it's the chance that it's been revealed too late that I really am fearing.
I want someone to make me laugh, because I have been sad way too long.
A man with a little talent, no need to borrow lines, he sings his own songs.
And he hears what I say because he is not "always" "talking".
He's got game but it's not the game he is always running, or walking.
Because he is constantly keeping it real, most importantly because he is my constant.
We may argue everyday but we are constantly solving our problems.
And he makes me want to be better, and he brings out the best in me.
And apart from being my lover he has accomplished the challenge of befriending me.
I am not talking about a man I am talking about Love and what exactly it is.
Something I wish I could buy or earn, but something that is only a gift.
And maybe I will never experience Love because it is never what I think it seems.
This is most likely why my perception of Love, I only find in my Dreams.

No comments: