Friday, August 18, 2006

The World Is Being Sifted...

From Being Young Black & Gifted (112)

I know what I want in a man, someone with ambition and talent- nothing more nothing less. Smart guys are cool, cute guys are easy on the eyes, thugs are nice- if you're "in it for the minute;" but when it comes to longevity- I need any want someone who can hold a conversation about life!

I don't know where I am going to be a year from now, but I decided today that it's going to be far from here. I just need to room to breath; a place where I can start over fresh. I want to go to a city where no one knows my name and no one THINKS they can dissect anything about me. It's nothing more appetizing than when you meet a new person and you get to start from scratch, well that's how I want to live my life... until I make it right.

Hopefully I meet someone along the way who is a real Black man. Someone who doesn't feel like I owe them something just because they have an education, someone who doesn't think they know more than me because the came up on a rougher side of town and someone who is not going to judge my past I had with other men but only the present I have with them. I'm not going to settle.

No comments: