Wednesday, July 05, 2006

His Eyes

Another poem from about a year ago about a certain OSU man (Esco Bar) I was feeling, enjoy!

It's funny, because in my mind I want to date him, in my heart I want to be his friend.
But he won't give me the chance to do either, because of how my past has sinned.
Man, but every time I see him- I just get all the more encouraged.
Because his eyes tell me something his loyalty to his boy tries to discourage.
I have this problem with sitting on the back burner and letting good men pass me by.
Either because of my lack of self confidence... or my inability to say, "hi".
Cause when he walkes by I am frozen, because he is so damn sexy.
And everything is his eyes- just seems to reflect me.
And I know it's not just in my head because my girl was there to witness.
How much he was feeling me- even though he tries to keep his distance.
Cause he was all in here ear; his voice belonged to her, both his eyes were all mine.
And if his boy was not there to hate, oh yea- I'd be occupying a lot of his time.
But now the tracks are laid down, 1st impressions gone with the wind.
And though I'm at OSU to learn, my dilemma is how to get in?
What do I have to do to make you forget about our mutual connection?
What game I got to spit in your ear- so our hearts can have the same final destination?
Can I dial you 10 digits in hopes that the 1st 3 starts as mine?
Cause I hear you're from E.C. which is just another positive sign.
Cause I am the kinda girl that's does no wrong- I will keep those eyes focused.
Tell me what I got to do, to get my feelings noticed.
Even though our chances are dead on arrival, I am a firm believer in resuscitation.
We can do this anytime you want, Lecture... Discussion... Recitation!
I wish I could holla at you one on one without any outside opinions.
Then maybe we can get to the point that I'm trying to be getting.
Have you found your soul mate- what do you do with your spare time?
Can I be one of those extra curricular activities? And can you be mine (soul mate)?
Cause I want to look into your eyes and see right through your soul.
Maybe I am thinking too far ahead, but there is something deeper I need to know.
Let me see to your heart or just let me see something with in.
Don't want to speak just in passing, can we at least be friends.
But why stunt our relationship over something that you have no concrete evidence of?
He said, she said, we are too old... far beyond- way above.
Because I want to inspire you to carry out what your eyes have already spoken.
Start speaking from your mouth, stop pretending to be blind when your eyes are wide open.

No comments: