Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Jack Pot!!!


I once heard statistics read by one of the journalists at 107.5 about monogamous relationships. It said some thing to the effect that women tend to be in happier relationships where monogamy is kept sacred when the man has less education (no college degree specifically) and is just working. I was also talking to my boy here at OSU last summer and I remember him telling me that city niggas LOVE college girls. They feel that we are superior and worth having around, and when they get with one of us they feel as if they have hit The Jackpot. I am not so sure about the first, but I know the latter is true. Us college girls are spectacular- but most of our Black men do not recognize this, so we either have the choice of doing two things... sitting and waiting for these niggas to come around to their senses or move on.

After going home this weekend I now realize that I am selling myself short. I have been tripping over these college boys who have nothing but a piece of paper and an attitude. Truth be told, if these dudes were thrown in this world with out that piece of paper or popularity because of a sport or frat, they wouldn't survive. Once we scratch the surface- how many of these niggas have enough personality to keep themselves awake? Not too many!

Well, this weekend I met someone who immediately confessed to me that he feels as if he has hit The Jackpot when he met me. I am not going to reveal any premature feelings about him just yet- but "those" feelings are mutual. He is one of the "types" I have always wanted to date, but never thought I would get with on this level. I always see those girls out and about and I have read books where things like this happen; but as a stared out of the window of his condo in the Flats my first thought was... I hit The damn Jackpot! I met someone with just as much "swagger" as me...

Quote
"Your Gucci glasses are real nice! I have like five pair I never wear. I have come to the conclusion that a real man only wears Cartier."
End Quote

Now, I'm not saying I'm a Gold Digger, but comments like that just make me want to be. And even further comments like that gives me the ability to appreciate a real man and makes me want to dog OSU niggas even more who think they are on this fucking pedestal because they are enrolled here. Most of you niggas can't even hold a real conversation let alone pay for dinner! Keep it moving.

I never thought that being turned away from a club (because Nikki is only 19 & can't get an ID) would end so gracefully, but I met Big Time or "B" as I like to call him. And I bet Nikki never thought that sneaking into Spy so ungracefully would end so nicely, but somewhere between coming and going she met her NBA player.



Yea, we're two college WOMEN, but we damn for sure hit The Jackpot



No comments: