Tuesday, April 18, 2006

A Real Foundation

Infatuation is a hell-of-a-thing, but that's what I'm feeling right now. I know Darnell would mock me if he knew I was making this statement but, I haven't felt this way about a man in a long time! I remember back when I stayed in Morrison Tower this guy I was majorly feeling use to stop by. Half of the time spent- was in silence, but the presence of each other was enough. He would visit me in between classes, before practice, after study table- & all we would do is sit in 1004 & chill... I forgot how much I missed that, until yesterday.

It's sad to say that too many men have approached me with raunchy attitudes so often, that I don't even remember what it's like to be with a person who just wants my company, someone who appreciates my time, someone who just wants to be with me- no strings attached. What niggas need to realize is that women are more attracted to men who aren't sweating them sexually. When a guy just wants to be around you, it just makes you want him even more. It kind of reminds me of a line from one of Ciara's songs... "I just want it to be right for the both of us/ When you don't have to say a thing to make me comfortable." Men, if you have to try and convince someone to be with you- you need to realize it's not real!

But, I can tell one what is real... this connection I have with this man. He is an artist- and I have always wanted to date an artist- someone with true substance. Man, there is so much substance to him, I can't even list... he can sing, dance, DRESS. A man like this is way over due in my life. The funny thing about all of this is, even if it doesn't work- I don't have a friend in my life with this much substance- I would be satisfied with just his friendship. It's only been a few weeks and I am ALL wrapped up in his friendship, and a respect the fact that his has decided to build a foundation with me. That speaks wonders because no one builds a foundation for something they don't want to develop on.

No comments: