Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Let's Just Say

I'm NOT what he's looking for in a significant other, & I'm not mad or upset... at least not anymore!

Yea, it is my hope that I will one day be a successful lawyer, so I have to stick to my guns when saying INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY, although from the start he was something like the character Will Truman who plays a lawyer on Will & Grace, lmao. It is what it is. I am always the female who believes every word a man tells me until the give me a reason not to, but I am starting the think that maybe I need to change my ways. Maybe I should listen to rumors when people tell me "He is a down low brother", maybe I should trust my instincts when he makes statements like "Can't I get some reciprocity" or even "I am waiting for someone to sweep me off my feet", maybe I shouldn't be so willing to trust when a man tells me "I am not going to be with someone who doesn't trust me" every time I ask him a mere question!

All I have to say is in 2006 it's hard for a strong, heterosexual, independent, Black WOMAN to find her counterpart in this American society. We have to worry about men cheating with other women, if not OTHER MEN, we have to worry about mixed ass messages, we have to worry about DEAD beat Dad's, guys who want us to support them, man the list goes on! Black females are damn near the only ones on this earth who have earned the RIGHT to utter about RECIPROCITY. I work hard to be who I am; from the way that I look to the way that I speak I am progressing daily! I think it's time for the BLACK WOMAN to get some credit.

As I sit back a digress, it is even more complicated. Don't get me wrong, there are good Black men out there, but half of them are taken or have baggage(children) are fifty lbs over weight, or just have something else weird and random going on. The females I roll with have the whole package! Not only are they beautiful, they are also educated, working on being financially stable, have cars, homes, religion- so what is it? I can't even go on what my friends have, but I personally have all the above. Not only do I turn boys into MEN, I know how to treat a man the way he wants and NEEDS to be treated.

I am just so sick of dealing with so called Black men and their neurosis. They aren't looking for happiness, they aren't looking for reciprocity, and they definitely aren't looking to be swept off their feet; at least not by a Black woman or any woman for that matter. I call a spade a spade! It's Columbus, Ohio (fag central) you're in college... If this isn't the time to come out the closet when is? And for those who aren't D.L., the metro sexual, & others- why not just be a man and say how you feel about me? I don't like hints, I like blunt ass messages. You keep getting the hoes & bitches who are going to do you wrong- because you deserve it! May all things bad happen to you... good day!

No comments: