Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Just A Lil' Poem Action From A Couple Weeks Ago

It's not that there aren't other men, other conquests, other spirits/ It's just that when it comes to the "others" I just ain't tryna hear it/ No, I don't need help finding a date (Eddie!) there plenty of dudes tryna be seen/ But I'm not tryna be with "plenty", "good" is where I wanna be(get it? good & plenty)/Mrs. Johnson ain't raise no fool, I know there are other bitches/ Their barks are real loud, but their bites ain't THIS vicious/ & I think it's just ridiculous, that he can't see what I know!/ Yea I may dibble and dabble(That's for T. Dials) with a few of your bruhs, but I don't love them hoes/ & to mention my competition, I don't worry- it's like Don King is in the Arena/ Fixed fight from the beginning, he thinks it's too good to be true but I'ma make him a believer/ But the ball is in his court I need to know what play is next/ Do you want me to run the ball to right or do it to the left?/ I will say I am willing to jump through some loops- but I will never say "How High?"/ I am not tryna be hoppin & boppin over niggas... I just want to be by your side/ & I can' understand why I feel so stongly this is like I repeat of last summer/ Like Mike, you're making me feel like I should not have ever given up my number/ Because now I am sucked in, trying to make it out alive/ I am putting way too much into something while this dude is pushing me aside/ I wish there was something I could do to open his mind, open his heart, open his eyes, make him see me clearly/ No gimmicks, all I really want to do is love him dearly/ We're so complementary, and even his flaws attract me/ What I got to do to get him to see what I have to offer instead of what I'm lacking?/ I wish he would let me lend a shoulder, a hand, an ear- relieve some of his pain/ Then maybe he would realize I am the one to mend his broken heart back again.

No comments: