Thursday, February 14, 2008

Never Let Grass Grow Under Your Feet

Men, will tell you what you want to hear & us women let em think that we are buying it/

But each time the one we love tells us another lie, we seem to die a bit.

And at some point we become so damned cold and our feelings are nonexistent.

Then male friends look @ us as "1 of the boys" & talk unedited in front of us because we seem resistant

But the truth is, we still are women, but we are just a different breed.

We stopped judging books by the cover and we take the time to read

Because a pretty man pretty much is full of shit and we already know the deal

Even when he is telling us lie, all we hear coming out of his mouth is the real

No more praying that WE CAN CHANGE him, no more feeling like an ass

because we won't stand there long for there to be any grass

Growing under our feet, we don't waste time, we keep it moving.

No matter how sad we've been we make sure we focus on the goals we're pursuing
Because there was a time when I use to stand still and wish someone would stand still with me
But he ran after his dreams and fulFILLed them while I was left empty-
Handed, but Yahweh granted my wish and gave me a second chance
He took me off the wall and made me get out on the floor and dance
No more setting up shop, no more letting the grass grow
In order to see those snakes wondering round the lawn we gotta keep that grass low
And this is more than me coming home drunk in the middle of the night and attempting to get poetic
This is advice Miss Val gave to me last year from a motherly perspective
If a 46 year old woman who has seen it all gives me a word- though I am half her age- I am wise enough to take heed
2007 was the last year I ever let grass grow under my feet

No comments: