Friday, February 08, 2008

Appreciation

I was talking to my Boogie today who is WORLDS away right now. It made me think about how we first met (the circumstances were a little rocky), and how far we have come. I had a lot of opinions about her that I never shared, but today I realized- that she is a real cool person. I guess that is not what I really mean, I more mean- she is a real cool person to have in my life. I am not interested in mending broken friendships or creating new ones. I just want to focus on making the relationships I have with people NOW more real. I can not wait for Mrs. Dials to move back from the states from France because I plan on being a better friends!

I got to talk to a lot of my people today. B. Smith came to visit the new apartment this morning, then Dutch asked me out to eat. We tried to get chicken & waffles @ Linden Cafe' but those mo fos wouldn't let us in, lol. Somewhere in it all Q. showed up too. So instead, we went to Eddie George's, then to Cold Stone and ultimately to Drexel to see Cloverfield. All I can say is it was good times. I love these kind of unexpected days. Were lunch turns into an affair. I love Dutch and Q. so much. Having acquaintances like them is a breath of fresh air, especially days like these when I feel the weight of the world on my shoulders...

I am just learning to appreciate the little things in life more. This is what life is all about. Sometimes you can get SO wrapped up in the trivial bullshit that you miss the BIG picture!

Today is the day that I completely finished unpacking. I went through my junk trunk- you know, that trunk with all the shit in it that you don't want to throw away, but you have no idea what to do with it...

extension cords
old cell phones
old house phones
CDs
birthday/ valentine's day cards
love letters
magazines with Kanye West on the front (come on- everyone has those right?)
artwork from Mr Culiver's 6th grade art class
etc.

I started reading this old letter Maize & Blue sent me when I was living in the dorms. It was a letter he sent after he aparently proposed to me? Which, I don't remember to well. It's just funny to see how much things change over the years. It's funny to see it written down in front of me (NOT typed). I think it makes the lies even more catostrophic. But life is what you make it.
He's with her now and I am with him now. Life goes on.

I am just grateful about how far Yahweh has brought me. I am so in love with the gospel and I am so in love with the life he has given me. I am appreciative for the people he has brought into my life and I am more appreciative for the people he has kept in my life. There is a time and place for everything. Everything has an expiration date- including relationships/ friendships. My only prayer is that Yahweh doesn't let these friends I have expire or this relationship I have either. If he does, I will still appreciate the plan he has made for me.

No comments: