Tuesday, December 11, 2007

GLAD

It's funny how much one can think they're grown up (mentally, physically, spiritually) but then tomorrow uncovers a new enlighting which makes it obvious that the growing has just begun!

I use to think I knew what I wanted out of a man. I use to think that I knew what I wanted out of "friends" (I use that term lightly). I use to think I knew what I wanted out of family. I now know what I need to get out of myself FIRST. Being self sufficient is this best gift one could ever have! When you are truly happy with yourself, no one can stop your stride. You seem to make the best of ever situation and find the beauty in every person and everything. I was recently listening to an Alicia Keys song and she made the comment about life being "bitter sweet... sure tastes good to me." She then went on to say, "don't you rain on my parade." It's so crazy that people can get wrapped up into negativity instead of making the best out of a situation. It's even crazier that people feel just because they can't find happiness out of something that everyone should feel the same?

All I can say is that I am GLAD. I am glad about a lot of things in my life and a lot of things that Yahweh has kept out of my life. I am glad that I mended friendships with Charisse and Mykl; over reacting and taking things too personally can cause one's judgment to be empaired. Everyone can not do everything you want them to on your time table. Love is hard and frienship are harder, but when you keet working at them, they're impossible to break! I am also Glad that facebook hasn't found a spy link like blackplanet, myspace, aim, etc. because then a certain someone would see how many times I've logged on to his page, just thinking, just wishing, just hoping that one day I will be GLAD about him too.

No comments: