Sunday, April 22, 2007

Funny How The Table Turn... Turn... Turn...

Short lived, those are the only words I can think of to describe this last relationship of mine. I will be the first to tell you, I am more than relieved. I guess I just needed an ice breaker- some reason to get back in the relationship game, and he served his purpose. Last night I went to this nfl party at Cove. We (Erin, Manida, Huin and I) didn't get there until after one, and of course they were charging $30, but we somehow skipped then line and got in free. I saw Esco Bar for the first (and maybe last time) for a good while and all those old feelings came rushing back. He was partying it up with Braylon Edward (of the CLEVELAND BROWNS!!!) and at some point in my night I stepped on Braylon's shoe... he smile- I smiled back, all the time wanting to say, "baby, I can step on it again if you want me to!" lol. It was one of those nights not soon to be forgotten...

I ran into a couple of niggas I use to talk to. All, for some reason- wanting to rekindle the old flame, lol. It's funny how the tables turn! One minute I can be calling you pretty much begging you to be with me and you find lie after lie- "I am going to jail next Thursday," "I am too busy with work," "BLAH BLAH- I AM A LIAR- BLAH!" It's all so superficial... and the next minute, you are in Cove in my grill, trying to lay claims to my body- saying we need to start over? Funny I tell ya! Lucky for them (B, Rahim & Bai) I am a sucker for men!

Somehow by then end of the night, some guy was following me to my car. He ended up being harmless, infact- he ended up being a Cleveland Brown!!! We chopped it up in the parking lot around the corner from Cove for about 10 mins. then we went to breakfast. I am pretty sure he wanted me to go back to the Renaissance with him and give him the business, but unluckily fot him, I'm not that kind of GOOGLE (get it? Sex & The City).

Monica had something when she said, "Funny How The Tables Turn... Turn... Turn..." and Ciara definitely had something when she said, "Sometimes I Wish I Could Act LIKE A BOY!" Man, shit is real out here and the only way you will survive is if you do them like they do you. Last time I went home I found a picture Ed Mo (infamous popular high school basketball star in Cleveland= wasted talent ie the hood got him first) gave me. He wrote on the back, get these niggas, don't let them get you! And I have finally mastered that advice he gave me so many (7) years ago. If a niggas doesn't want you, keep it moving and let him fly! They always come running back, always!!!

So right now, it is what it is. I am still wishing Esco was in my life, but he isn't. I am on Chocolate Martini number 2 (not from the bar, homemade edition- so you know they're strong) becuase U have finally dippen into the New Year stash my mom bought me! I am starting to get that tingly feeling when my limbs start to feel numb and all these emotions start pouring out. I am thinking about scanning these poems I wrote about Esco and sending them to him, which I probably will by the time I finish this last Martini and forget about sanity- though I may follow the direction of my relationship advisor Mykl Robinson and send the first to see his reaction. Who knows what Lindsay will do! Furthemore, Esco Bar isn't in my life, but Rahim, Bai, B, Delphi, Big Time, IDMR, Boston and a few others who will remain nameless have bargained their way back! I sometimes wonder- if the guys I write about in this blog saw their code name- would they know I was talking about them? Like Justice... that's the new one.... or should I call him Case? I'll figure it our at soberer times, lol- if that's a word. It's 11:30, I am bout to send this poem and make a second entry in my Blog after I holler at Big Time... ONE CLIQUE!

No comments: