Thursday, April 16, 2015

A Thin Line Between Love and Date

Whether it's searching for a soulmate or looking to sing.
We're all tryna' live out our dreams.
Relocations can differ, final destinations can be deemed.
Still, all that has yet to be seen. 
Wishful thinking gets shot down, feelings dismissed it seems.
Can be a blow to one's self esteem.
Not persistent to resistance, don't wanna come off as a fiend.
But I still want to be on your team.
They say it won't come to those who search so I focus on the green.
Yet we all need a shoulder to lean.
Life ain't perfect, but I ain't either if u know what I mean.
Shit even I would have to wear cream.
And I ain't getting any younger, twice the age of this sixteen.
Guess I should be looking for a ring.
Til' then...
I'll stand online, play the role-read my lines, super swing. 
I just hope you know how to read in between.

-For JC

No comments: