Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"But Watching Stars Without You? My Soul Cries!"

Close, too close it made time stand still
Looking back all of what transpired doesn't seem real
Effortless was silence, natural was our conversation
Unrealistic were ends to a means being contemplated 
Lies told so often that truth did not exist
Truth never spoken, eyes left an abyss
And I dreamed about him and he materialized 
Now I dream about him and I can't believe my eyes 
An eternal existence lying on precious moments
An acquired resistance and feelings when it's too late to show it
So I don't respond and I don't entertain
Yet I crave to hear him say my name
It's the only time Lindsay made sense, only time it sounded right
Because it was the only time Lindsay had finally gotten it right
Holding your ground is the law and it's the only time death makes sense
Because having life without an us is a false pretense

I thought the world would revolve without us...


A moment in the soul can last forever...the ride with you was worth the fall and all that other shit Whitney was talking' bout on Didn't We Almost Have It All.




For Jarhead

No comments: