Friday, April 08, 2011

Over Time

I can't look into his eyes because I'm attracted and he's attractive.
So if I don't start it up, I'm just reaching for a reaction
Flirt a little here and there, but that's neither here nor there
Take it with a grain of salt, because I'd be turned by his stare
I'm not Lot's wife, but I could be his
And we aren't parents yet, but we could make kids
And a lot can spawn from the urban sprawl from which we once lived
Pipe dreams to pipping things
But where's the divide from what is real and what is seen
And a whole lot of jealousy can arise from eyes that are green
Trust, I am just blowing smoke, but remember where's there's smoke there's fire
Cause the only deception is professing that I'm a liar
Light skinned and light hearted and I wish I could get something started
But how can we have a mutual final destination if we differ from where we departed
So far yet so close and problems? Yes, there's a host
Feelings always get the strongest for the ones you try to push away the most
So instead of telling him, I tell this rhyme
And instead of it being over, I'm working overtime
Then maybe one day his feelings will be the same as mine

~OT


No comments: