Monday, March 07, 2011

Inconsistent

I'm so inconsistent when I'm pushed into this instance
of life and normalcy what everyone else calls existence
Adulthood, degrees, all the things I am supposed to be.
Religious yet supersticious. A lady in the streets but a freak in between...
The sheets and pure contradictions we pile on ourselves.
Cause everyone wants to be different, but we put the real us on the shelf.
And I'm not doing well with playing parts and wearing the mask
Yeah I can code switch but who gets the last laugh?
I'm trying to be the woman my parents are proud of but is it realistic?
Because if I keep going down this road my happiness will never be considered.
I could go all nite, but I just want to get me feet wet.
Haven't been back here since May, I've been too upset.

No comments: