Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Last Time I Saw Him

He reminded my of a breath of fresh air.
No one or nothing could have stopped me from being there.
When he talked I listened with no interruptions.
And when he gave me advice there were no corruptions.
I can honestly says I loved everything about him, even his flaws.
The things he did that bothered me made me smile most of all.
That night was a pivotal moment in my life.
I wish I could get back to that feeling-oh-so-right.
But he left.

The last time I saw him his eyes shined so bright.
He took his gloves off and placed his left hand on my thigh.
We watched the millennium together, fireworks sparked.
Literally and physically as we sat there parked.
It was a Camry. He was a Maybach. I drove a Probe.
I drove away and the night was cold.
I drove away and I will always regret.
After I drove away what came next.
He left me.

R.I.P. Jason Robert Dorsey
You will never know just how much you mean to me. There is not a day that passes when I don't think of you. I am eternally grateful to Yahweh for bringing you into my life. I will never forget January 1, 2001. 

No comments: