Monday, March 14, 2016

Extension

Some are worth it. Some aren't. We need to pay better attention to where and with whom we're spending our time and energy. Going above and beyond is good in theory, but more times than not it's a waste of time.

Jobs give you a goal, but only award a bonuses to those who take the extra step? That concept is foreign. For free? Nah! Pay me. Business is not one sided. If I am completing a service I am getting paid for it and thumbs up don't count as commission.

I am being a bit scatter brained, but my point is I am done with the portion of my life where I over extend myself for other people. It has always gotten me no where. One way tickets and one sided feelings is bullshit.

People who want to be with you will show you. Things that Yahweh meant for you won't go unproven.

Stepping on egg shells, always wondering, feeling unworthy are not good signs. When something is real and warranted it should come easy. It's not about who called last. It's not about if a text goes unnoticed. Tit for tat is not real life. Either we are or we aren't.

Lately I'm finding myself walking away from long-time friendships without wincing. It's because they don't matter anymore. It's realistic to assume that the one-side friendships I have with people are the same. They've outgrown me and instead of noticing the cold-shoulder I've continued to keep communicating. There comes a time when well enough is left alone.

I met a guy in November. He's incredible and special. Sometimes we sit on the phone for hours. I haven't had conversations like these EVER. He's something out of a dream. Very attractive and very kind. TBH I didn't think there were really men like him out there. He speaks to my soul and he's just so god-damned lovely. Meeting him is one of the best things that's ever happened in my adult life. It's changed my perspective on what I should be expecting and accepting from men. Most importantly, it's made me realize that when Yahweh wants me to have something, I WILL have it.

A few months back I told a Tinder date that I am online because it's hard to meet black men. I live in an all-white neighborhood. My job is lily white and I hang in the Short North. So. Yeah. Then shortly after making that statement I was completely blindsided by this guy in November. Against all odds.

The point is Yahweh is always on time. Don't force life. Don't overextend your self. Just wait and be blessed. I don't know if this guys is for me, but he awakened my heart and for that I'm grateful.

No comments: