Thursday, February 04, 2016

5 Minutes of Musing

I don't know where you live. I don't know who you are.
All I can promise is I'll love you, but most days I'll take things too far
Temper goes through the roof at the drop of a hat
Say a lot of foolish things that I later wish I could take back
Passion is in abundance and support from me will never lack
You'll never feel like you're flailing because I'll always have your back 
Clean up messes before they're noticed. Cheer you up before you feel depressed
I may not always be up but I'll never lead you left
The reality is most love to see through rose colored lenses, but what you see is what u get
And once things are permanent you'll never experience regret
In no rush to move forward, desperation isn't my game 
Trying to honor my daddy's before I take on your name
Make one for myself. Pride isn't mine but I make those proud 
Who stand by me when no one else stayed around
And I'll stand my ground when I say I have no fears
When he's ready then I'm ready to spend the rest of my years. 

No comments: