Monday, November 16, 2015

2001

Living in these moments that may have been one sided.
Hoping for an in love that seems to be unrequited.
I thought we were in love. That's all I'm saying.
The come true to my wishes. The answer to my praying.
Gotta' learn to leave the past in the past, no matter the last laugh.
Petty shit will eat you up inside. Plenty shit will make you mad.
Because at first glance it was nothing, just a smile in passing.
And the second chance turned into several more surpassing.
Shared stories about our past, hoping for a better future.
Forecasted to be sunny, but turned out to be another stormy suitor.
Hail. High winds. Heavy rains.
He pumped existence into my living then he became the bane.
Strange even violent how some things never work out.
Never on the same page, I'm nonchalant. He's devout.
Then I start to come around and my heart softens to him.
Then he says we should work on our friendship and once again the moment's ruined.

-For the cat to my mouse

No comments: