Sunday, November 12, 2006

As If I Didn't Write Enough In Today's First Post!...

Israel Kamakawiwo ole has made me think a lot about life lately. I guess his version of Somewhere Over The Rainbow kind of grew on me when I was at work. Then, after months of hearing it- and then hearing it on a Cheerios commercial(I think it was) I did some research and found out who the artist was. My girl CandASS downloaded it on my thumb drive for me and I have been dowsing myself in the song ever since. I found out Israel died in 97'... he released the song on his album back in 93' and the record company just up and decided to release it as a single in July! The song is some 80 years old, his version is 15 years old and the guy has been dead almost a decade and now- we're just realizing how great he was. I sometimes wonder will this be my fate? Will it be waaaay down the line when I am dead that someone finally realizes my worth?

Man, this song is so damn relaxing and deep. I want people to read my shit right now. I have a lot to say...

No comments: