Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fools Rush In- Another Poem I Wrote

I like to think that I'm a smart girl- but, not exactly vain
Yet, I find myself doing a lot of silly things that I justify in Love's name
And I listen to John Legend everyday so I understand, "Love Me Quickly"
I guess that's why I text, "I miss you!" so much, in the hopes that you miss me
But how could you miss something you don't care about? I know, it's the sad truth
And how can I claim to love something when I don't have any proof?...
I can't plead my case, yet I'm still guilty until all is proven
And we're way pass, "Hi!" so my chances are already ruined
Somehow there are still these equations I wish you would solve
What do I have to do to make you want to get involved?
What words do I have to spit to make you want to call?
What I got to do to get in your heart is what I need to know, above all?
I don't know where it is you're going, all I know is that I want to follow
Everybody has a yesterday, but not everyone has a tomorrow
I guess that's why I have a sense of urgency- always on my toes
There could be better men- but I don't want to know
And even if I did, they wouldn't even matter
You're all I see, you're the one I'd rather...
be with. But feelings aren't mutual and it's so depressing
Still I don't want to give up and let it go- I ain't tryna turn this into a lesson
Tryna turn it into forever- you're thinking more like never- compromise for right now
I pray you could be the one to "stand still" with me for a while
I can't force you to love BUT I can hate to think of us as just friends
Guess I'm not so smart after all, because fools rush in

Alias 11-11-08

No comments: